A Brief Report As ON 31 MAY 2012
- 1. Drought Relief: Maharashtra: Our Pune centre distributed drinking water to about 45,000 persons affected by acute water scarcity in 6 villages of Solapur district and 9 villages of Ahmednagar district.
- 2. Hailstorm Relief: West Bengal: Our Malda centre supplied hut-building materials (640 bamboos, 22,600 roof tiles, etc) to 52 families of Khaspara village in Malda district, whose dwellings had been severely damaged in the destructive hailstorm this month.
- 3. Tornado Relief: Bangladesh: A powerful tornado hit northern Bangladesh last month. Our Dinajpur centre distributed 672 kg rice, 24 plates, 50 buckets and 43 dhotis among 136 affected families of 7 villages in Thakurgaon district, Bangladesh.
- 4. Flood Relief: Fiji: Our Nadi centre continued its primary relief work in Western Viti Levu in Fiji. The centre further distributed 2730 lunch parcels among needy students. Moreover, 10,000 exercise books and stationery goods are being distributed among 1200 students of 10 schools in flood‑affected areas.
- 5. Fire Relief: Arunachal Pradesh: Our Itanagar centre distributed 18 sets of utility items [each set containing a steel trunk, a bed-sheet, a plastic mat, two buckets, a tawa (griddle), cooking vessels, ladles, a mug, a plate, a tumbler, candles, bathing soap, washing soap, matchboxes, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc] among the families whose houses had been gutted by a devastating fire in Barapani basti (area) in Naharlagun district.
- 6. Distress Relief: The following centres distributed various items, shown in brackets, to needy people:
Belgharia (941 saris, 510 dhotis, 256 lungis, 1457 shirts, 1323 pants, 1113 frocks, 315 sets of salwar-kamiz, 213 woollen garments and 300 blankets among 728 families of 15 villages in Bankura, Paschim Medinipur and Hooghly districts); Vrindaban (1200 kg rice, 1200 kg wheat flour, 300 kg pulses, 300 kg mustard oil, 600 kg salt and 150 kg sugar among 600 elderly widows of Vrindaban).